TOPIC 2 – How to rent film equipment in Vietnam?
Vietnam has a wide range of state-of-the-art film equipment which is available for rent. It would be better for your crew to rent film equipment in Vietnam than bringing the bulky equipment by yourself from your country, because it helps you minimize the international transport fee, save time and energy.
We once learned that the baggage cost to bring equipment on flight from London, UK to Hanoi, Vietnam is 40 USD/kg/trip. By the end, we were able to rent equipment for the filming crew with total cost of just 25 – 30% in comparison with if they bring from UK.
Sometimes we also have cameraman who have their own equipment and may not use them in the time you come, so we can check for you all possibilities. Beside, depend on the equipment and number of days you would be renting, sometimes we can advise you if buying is cheaper than renting.
Beside, bringing less equipment also help you to have less possibility of troubles with Customs.
We can provide you a lot of equipment that you may need.
So, why don’t you consider the possibility of renting film production equipment in Vietnam, instead of bringing your own?
Procedure for renting the filming equipment in Vietnam
You need to send us:
- List of equipment that you need
- How many days that you need to rent
- What’s the location that you would be using the equipment (so we can know if the equipment would come to you from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city)
- And, it would be helpful if you can send us your purpose of filming so we can give you advices.
Then we will need to:
- check our equipment availability for those dates
- clarify with you the list
- suggest you alternative if we don’t have the exact thing that you want.
After everything is clear and clarified, we will send you a quote that look similar with this:
|C||Worker & transport cost|
Please note that:
- If the equipment cost a lot, we would need to send at least a technician with you to look after the equipment and help you with handling the equipment. And you would need to pay for this person.
- We may require picture of passport and your company’s information to book the equipment
- We may require a deposit to book the equipment.
Filming equipment for rent in Vietnam
Below is a list of available equipment, but feel free to ask if you are looking for something else not listed.
I)Film equipment for rent in Hanoi:
|Cameras||– Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K- Sony FS7- Sony A7SII- Sony FS700- Sony A6500- Sony Action- Cam 4K- Panasonic- GH5- Canon C100- Canon 5D- MARK III- Canon 6D- Flycam/Drone 4K|
|Lens||– Canon 16-35L- Canon 17-40L- Canon 24-70L- Canon 70-200L- Canon 100L- Tokina 11-16- Carl Zeiss 21mm F2.8- Carl Zeiss 25mm F2.8- Carl Zeiss 35mm F2.8- Carl Zeiss 35mm F1.4- Carl Zeiss 50mm F1.5- Carl Zeiss 85mm F1.4- Carl Zeiss 135mm F2.8- Carl Zeiss 80-200mm- Rokinon Cine DS 14mm T3.1- Rokinon Cine DS 16mm T2.0- Rokinon Cine DS 24mm T1.4- Rokinon Cine DS 35mm T1.4- Rokinon Cine DS 50mm T1.4- Rokinon Cine DS 85mm T1.4- Rokinon Cine DS 100mm T2.8- Sony Alta PL (20, 25, 35, 50, 85, 135mm)|
|Lights||– HMI 575kw- HMI 1.2kw- HMI 2.5kw- HMI M18 (1.8kw)- HMI M40 (4kw)- Chinaball HMI 1.2kw- Chinaball HMI 1.8kw- Chinaball HMI 2.5kw- Chinaball HMI 4kw- Chinaball Tungsten 2000w- Tungsten Fresnel 150w- Tungsten Fresnel 300w- Tungsten Fresnel 650w- Tungsten Fresnel 1000w- Tungsten Fresnel 2000w- Kino Flo 4ft 4Bank 3200K- Kino Flo 4ft 4Bank 5600K- Kino Flo 2ft 4Bank 3200K- Kino Flo 2ft 4Bank 5600K- Kino Flo 6 bank- LED Panel- LED Hand Lamp- LED Fresnel 300w 5600K|
|Tripods||– Set of 3 tripods(Tall, Medium, Short)- Sachtler- LX10- LX5- Vinten- Manfrotto- Libec- Monopod|
|Stabilizer||– Ronin- Ronin MX- Glidecam- Steadicam- Ikan EC1- Beholder|
|Monitors||– HDMI,SDI 21”- HDMI,SDI 15.6”- HDMI,SDI 7”- HDMI,SDI 5.5”- HDMI 7”- Dual |
8” SDI monitor
|More||C-stand, modifier, etc|
II) Film equipment for rent in Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon):
- Blackmagic Ursa 12K Fullset
- Red Komodo 6k with EF Mount and PL Mount
- Full set Blackmagic Pocket 6k Pro with EF Mount and PL Mount
- Sony FX9 Fullframe Full set
- Sony A7SIII
- Red Helium 8K Fullset
- Canon C300 Mark II Full set
- Blackmagic Ursa G2 Full set
- Canon C200 Fullset
- Sony FS7 Mark II Full set
- Arri Alexa Mini Full set
- ARRI/Zeiss Master Primes T1.3 PL Mount
- Angenieux EZ-1 30 to 90mm T2.0 Cinema EF & PL Mount
- Fujinon XK20-120mm T3.5 Cabrio Lens (PL Mount)
- ZEISS CP.3 Compact Prime (EF Mount, Feet)
- Sigma Zoom18-35mm & 50-100mm T2.0 (PL Mount)
- Arri Ultra T1.9 Cinema Prime (PL Mount)
- Tokina Cinema 100mm T2.9 Macro (EF & PL Mount)
- Fujinon ZK19-90mm T2.9 Cabrio (PL Mount)
- Arri Alura 45-250mm T2.6 PL Mount (Feet)
- Canon T1.3 LF Cinema Prime (EF Mount)
- Rokinon Xeen T1.5 Cine (PL Mount) Feet
- Arri Zeiss Super Speed T1.3 (PL Mount)
- Zeiss T2.1 Compact Prime Lens (PL Mount)
- Sachtler 20 S1 Head 100mm
- Vinten Vision 5LF Head 100mm
- Secced SC-V18/100RP Fluid Head 100mm
- Secced SC-V20/100RP Fluid Head 100mm
- Vinten Vision 8AS Head 100mm
- Sachtler Cine 30 HD Head 150mm
* Easy Rig:
7″ Shogun Inferno
- Aputure Amaran P60C RGBWW Led Panel
- Led Aputure Amaran 200X
- Amaran 300c
- Amaran 60x
- Aputure 1200D Pro Daylight LED Light
- Aputure 600X Pro Daylight LED Light
- Aputure Spotlight Mount Set with Lens
- Aputure MC LED Light
- Aputure B7C LED Light
- Arri Spotlight 300w Tungsten
- Arri Spotlight 5000w Fresnel
- Aladin FalconeyesRX-848-K1 2800K-10000K Led
- Nanlite pavotube II 30x
Here V mount batteries are mostly used for camera when filming outside. To use for light, it’s usually not enough. The maximum length of time to use V mount batteries for light is around 30 minutes, then it takes 3-4 hours more to re-charge.
So to film outside that would need light, you would most likely need a generator.
7kw, 10kw, 25kw, 60kw, 100-112kw (for outdoor shooting where you can’t find electric socket to plug the lights in)
* Other items:
If you need other filming equipment in Vietnam which isn’t listed above, please let us know, as we can ask people in our network. Thank you!
Beside, we also provide technicians such as: gaffer, grip, AC, assistants, as well as other personnel that you may need such as: fixer/local producer, drone pilot, cameraman, DOP, hair and make up artist, sound recordist, art director, wardrobe stylist, digital image technician. Please refer to our post here about hiring local crew.